For the last 14 weeks, I’ve been running a series on blogging. I’ve enjoyed interacting with everyone who’s commented: it’s been fun. I hope you’ve picked up some good ideas to make your blog better. I know I’ve reminded myself of a few things I need to work on.
In case you missed a few of them, here are the fourteen posts:
- Eight Reasons Why Every Writer Should Blog
- Four Elements of a Successful Blog Post
- Why Every Blog Needs a Theme
- How Often Do You Post on Your Blog?
- How Long Should Your Blog Posts Be?
- Four Ways to Make Scannable Posts to Attract Readers
- Don’t Forget Search Engine Optimization (SEO) on Your Blog
- Three Tips for Reader Engagement
- Does Your Blog Need Pictures?
- Make One Point Per Post
- Proof then Publish
- Blogs and Links: The Art of Helping Readers and Improving SEO
- If We Don’t Promote Our Blog, it Doesn’t Matter
- Don’t Go Forward Until You Backup
Plus, I recently ran a seven step series on using WordPress for blogging (or a website):
- Using WordPress For Your Blog: Two Options to Consider
- Getting Started with WordPress
- What’s the Difference Between a WordPress Page and Post?
- What’s a WordPress Theme?
- What’s a Widget and Why Do I Want Them on My WordPress Blog?
- What’s the Difference Between a Category and a Tag on Your WordPress Blog?
- Essential WordPress Plugins
Lastly, here are two bonus posts from prior years:
Now it’s your turn: In the comments section post a link to your blog. What’s your blog cover?
Peter DeHaan is an author, publisher, and editor. He gives back to the writing community through this blog. Get insider info from his monthly newsletter. Sign up today!