Part of successful book publishing is selling our books, which includes self-promotion. Social media, when done right, can play a huge role in promoting our books. Conversely, when done without purpose or plan, social media can be a huge time suck that produces no tangible results.
These five social media articles from Article Weekly can provide helpful information about social media:
- What You Need to Know About Social Media Etiquette
- The 7 Key Steps for Leveraging Social Media Marketing to Drive Real Results
- Your Guide to Social Media: Disconnect to Connect
- Social Technologies: A $1.3 Trillion Opportunity
- Social Media: Opportunity or Distraction?
Of course, these are just the starting point. Each social media option has scores of books written about them to teach us how to most effectively use them. Plus there are social media blogs to learn the latest information. Then there are the social media gurus, poised to teach on the latest techniques.
These articles will get you thinking about how to best use social media to market and sell your books. Then, how far you dive into mastering social media is up to you.
Peter DeHaan is an author, publisher, and editor. He gives back to the writing community through this blog. Get insider info from his monthly newsletter. Sign up today!