Last year, I posted my writing goals for 2012. They were:
- To fully and totally complete my dissertation
- To unveil my revised website
- To complete the first draft of one book
- To start book two
- To query agents
How did I do?
My dissertation was finished and approved and my website was completely overhauled. I did complete the draft of one book (though not the one I intended) and started book two. Though I have had some informal interaction with agents, I have not queried any. I intentionally put this on hold, per the recommendation to wait until I finished writing the books.
There were also some other key developments that weren’t annual goals, having been started midyear:
- I launched a monthly newsletter (sign up to receive it each month).
- I moved all my blogs over to a WordPress platform.
- I cofounded a writers critique group, Kalamazoo Christian Writers.
- I spoke at the Breathe Christian Writers Conference.
- I started and completed writing My Faith Manifesto.
So, looking forward, what are my goals for 2013?
- To self-publish My Faith Manifesto.
- To complete my two works in progress (God, I Don’t Want to Go to Church and 52 Churches)
- To query agents to represent me in the above two books.
- To rewrite my dissertation into a more accessible format.
I will post updates as they occur, but check back next year to see how I did on the entire list.
What are your writing goals for 2013?