Many authors are uncomfortable with the idea of branding themselves. I know I was. But the reality is that as authors, we are our brand. Yes, there are some exceptions, but they are rare.
And before you decide to become one of those exceptions, ask yourself this one critical question: “If I create a brand for my writing, am I content to write about that brand for the rest of my life?” If you can’t make that commitment or change your mind, then be aware that all your efforts to build and promote that brand will be wasted. But if we brand ourselves, it can follow us, whatever we write in the future.
Whether you brand yourself as an author or decide to build a brand around a topic, series, or field, there is an art to building a brand. These articles from Article Weekly will help you get started as you consider building your author brand:
- The Importance of Brand Cohesiveness Across Social Media
- Five Keys to Building and Maintaining a Powerful Online Presence
- The “4 C’s” of Attaining Expert Status: Become a Celebrity Expert to Supercharge Your Brand and Your Profits
- Tell Your Story – Sell Your Story: 4 Hollywood Plot Lines You Can Use to Build Your Business
- Story Works. Why Don’t Business Leaders Use It?
- The Power of a Template
- Does Your Product Have a Lasting Story?
I hope you find these articles helpful in building your author brand!
Peter DeHaan is an author, publisher, and editor. He gives back to the writing community through this blog. Get insider info from his monthly newsletter. Sign up today!