The November 23 edition of “On the Media” (Publishing: Adapt or Die) focused on recent developments and trends within the publishing industry. (It was an update of coverage from April 2012, so some portions were a repeat).
The segments include:
- How Publishing and Reading Are Changing
- No Pulitzer Prize for Fiction
- Is Amazon A New Monopoly?
- Are Publishers Stuck In The Past?
- The Story of Pottermore
- Taking On Amazon
- The Problem of Knock-Off Books
- Steal My Book, Please
- Life After Publishers
You can listen to Publishing: Adapt or Die online or download the recording.
While I don’t agree with everything they say, there are many good segments and even some encouraging developments for publishers — and the writers who keep the publishers supplied.