For the last 14 weeks, I’ve been running a series on blogging. I’ve enjoyed interacting with everyone who’s commented: it’s been fun. I hope you’ve picked up some good ideas to make your blog better. I know I’ve reminded myself of a few things I need to work on.
In case you missed a few of them, here are the fourteen posts:
- Eight Reasons Why Every Writer Should Blog
- Four Elements of a Successful Blog Post
- Why Every Blog Needs a Theme
- How Often Do You Post on Your Blog?
- How Long Should Your Blog Posts Be?
- Four Ways to Make Scannable Posts to Attract Readers
- Don’t Forget Search Engine Optimization (SEO) on Your Blog
- Three Tips for Reader Engagement
- Does Your Blog Need Pictures?
- Make One Point Per Post
- Proof then Publish
- Blogs and Links: The Art of Helping Readers and Improving SEO
- If We Don’t Promote Our Blog, it Doesn’t Matter
- Don’t Go Forward Until You Backup
Plus, at Peter DeHaan Publishing, where I blog about book publishing, I recently ran a seven step series on using WordPress for blogging (or a website):
- Using WordPress For Your Blog: Two Options to Consider
- Getting Started with WordPress
- What’s the Difference Between a WordPress Page and Post?
- What’s a WordPress Theme?
- What’s a Widget and Why Do I Want Them on My WordPress Blog?
- What’s the Difference Between a Category and a Tag on Your WordPress Blog?
- Essential WordPress Plugins
Lastly, here are two bonus posts from prior years:
Now it’s your turn: In the comments section post a link to your blog. What’s your blog cover?