Read the ten most popular writing posts on Byline for the past year
As we turn the calendar from 2016 to 2017, we mark the passing of another year and with it another fifty-two weeks of blog posts here at “Byline,” where we discuss growing as a writer.
Here are the top ten posts on Byline for 2016.
- What is the One Immutable Rule of Writing?
- 3 Reasons Why You Shouldn’t Be an Aspiring Writer
- How to Always Know What to Write
- 10 Tips to Improve as a Writer
- What to Do When You Hit the Wall
- What Are Your Writing Goals This Year?
- Why Writers Need to Develop Their Writing Style
- Do You Dream of Writing? 5 Aspiring Writer Personas to Avoid
- 6 Writing Tips to Quickly Pick-up Where You Left Off and Not Waste Time
- May is Short Story Month
Thank you for stopping by this past year. You helped show that these posts are your favorites.
May you have an amazing 2017.
As we migrate from 2015 to 2016 we pause to reflect on where we’ve been and then to look forward to where we’re going.
First, here is our top 10 posts for 2015, revealing the best of this blog as voted on by you (that is, the pages you read the most times):
- Avoid Big Word Syndrome
- Don’t Be Possessive About Writing Rules
- What Spurs You On In Your Writing?
- Can You Write a Book in a Month?
- Are You Seeking to Improve as a Writer?
- Writers Need Discipline and Focus
- Does the Thought of Marketing Your Book Make You Squirm?
- Have You Ever Used Dictation to Write?
- Do You Know What You’re Capable of Accomplishing as a Writer?
- Should You Monetize Your Website or Blog?
These represent the highlights of this blog for the year. Beyond this list I have many other highlights as well. I won’t share my personal top 10 list – many of which relate to writing – but I do delight in what has transpired this year. Twelve months ago I would have never guessed what this year would have in store for me. It was a good year. I look forward to next year with much anticipation and a bit of nervous excitement as well.
For you, dear reader, your readership, comments, and encouragement motivate me to keep writing this blog to share my journey and what I’ve learned. Thank you for being part of that.
May 2016 be your best year ever!
What is one of your key accomplishments in 2015? What are you looking forward to in 2016? Please share your thoughts in the comment section below.